Caring for my hair and my 3 daughters’ hair was an excruciating challenge because we have naturally coarse and dry hair textures. Hair days used to be stressful for me until I got some help! You see, my sister has healthy and beautiful hair and although she has the same hair texture as my daughters and I; she follows a strict hair care regimen to keep her hair in great condition. My sister shared her hair care secrets with me before but I wasn’t focused and committed to trying them at the time. However, I eventually put things into perspective and realized what I was doing was just not working! I knew I had to make a change or I was going to continue to get the same unhealthy hair results.
Once I began employing my sister’s hair care tips, I noticed a remarkable difference in mine and my girls’ hair! Our hair went from being dry and rough 😳 to being soft, hydrated and manageable.
Well, I know many of you have these same issues so I was inspired to write this post to share these tips with you! And even if you wear wigs or weave you still need to care for your hair underneath it all. So here is what you do. It’s simple!
- Wash the hair with a moisturizing shampoo. (moisture, smoothness, softness)
- After rinsing the shampoo from the hair, use a towel to remove some of the water from the hair leaving it damp.
- Apply a hydrating (prevents dryness) hair masque to your hair. Cover your hair with a plastic shower cap and sit under the dryer for 10 minutes. If unable to sit under a hair dryer let the product stay on your hair for at least 30 minutes.
- After rinsing the hydrating conditioner from your hair, dry your hair using a towel.
- Apply a leave-in conditioner and a combination of at least 2 skin and hair oils (jojoba, avocado, olive, castor…) My favorite is castor oil because its thick and coats my girls’ hair well keeping it soft and shiny.
- Style the hair as usual. Consider the importance of styling your hair in such a way that heat is used little to none.
Ladies, leave a comment sharing your product recommendations. Tell us what brand of leave-in conditioners you use or what your favorite moisturizing shampoos and other products are. Share with your Frantic Mom sisters!
A Frantic Mom ❤️