This is an Easy-to-Make Veggie-filled meal that any working mom can easily make. Your kids get the healthy vegetables they need in a delicious dish. My kids had no idea they were eating spinach! Feel free to add as many vegetables to this recipe as you wish.
- 3 tbsp cooking oil
- 1 pound ground beef (turkey/chicken)
- 1 box of spaghetti noodles
- 1 jar Alfredo sauce
- 1 small onion
- 1 small green pepper
- 1 bundle of fresh spinach
- recommended seasonings–garlic powder, black pepper, pink or sea salt, beef bouillon. Use very little salt and beef bouillon. The other seasonings and the vegetables will give this dish enough flavor.
*to create more sauce get an extra jar of Alfredo sauce OR use broth
Boil the spaghetti noodles in a separate pot according to the instructions on the packaging.
1. In a large saucepan, pour in all of the cooking oil. Warm it using medium heat.
2. Add ground beef to the saucepan.
3. Dice your onion and ground pepper while your meat is browning and add both to the saucepan right after dicing them.
4. Add seasoning and allow the meat and vegetables to cook slowly for approximately 5 minutes.
5. Cut up the bunch of spinach while the other ingredients are cooking then put it aside.
6. Add the Alfredo sauce and allow it to cook along with the other ingredients at a slightly higher heat setting. Do not use the High heat setting.
7. Allow all ingredients to infuse by cooking for 5 minutes. Stir frequently to avoid sticking.
8. Add the spinach and allow everything to cook for another 2 minutes going back to the medium heat setting.
Cool and serve atop spaghetti noodles!